A House of Cards

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year...

a little bit late. :) Hope you all are off to a good start. We went to Pennsylvania for Christmas (that is where I am from) and had a wonderful time. They had 8-10" of snow the day before we arrived, so the kids were in heaven. Santa was very good to me, and I received a new lens for my camera. I got a few nice pictures with it too. Here are a few I took of the kids playing in the snow and one of my mom's house.

Well, I haven't done a lot of crafting in the last month (and to be truthful, it was kind of nice to have the break), so I don't have a lot of new things to share. I do have a card/envelope set that I made for Provo Craft for Valentine's Day though. I guess since the stores are already putting out their Valentine things, it is safe to share. ;)

For the card and envelope, heart icon, and sentiment, I used the Wild Card cartridge. If you don't have this one, I highly recomment it. There are tons of fun images on it, and it is great for cardmaking and more.
I guess that is it for today. I need to quit procrastinating and get work on some projects. Thanks so much for stopping by!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roree! So good to read your latest entry on your blog! Your pics came out great. And what a gorgeous home your mom has! I don't blame you for being away. I, too, have enjoyed a break...even though I have just started this hobby! My words for the year are 'plan' and 'prepare' so I'm taking time away from the blog to figure out how I want to approach the New Year with content and projects. Thanks for being an inspiration! Happy New Year!!! (And hubby can't wait to hear your playlist!)

Katie said...

Hey Roree!! Glad you had a nice little get away. Love the pics. Your little card is just adorable :)

Hugs,
Katie

Nina said...

Here's a VERY late merry christmas wish - happy new and creative 2009!!

What an incredibly BEAUTIFUL house your mom lives in! Must be perfect for celebratíng the holidays in!

Love your cards for valentine - the colours are so fresh!

XO
//Nina

Anonymous said...

1.Your mom's house looks like something out of a story book -- so lovely.
2. I LOVE this project. It is classic Valentine's Day with scallops, hearts, and ribbon. Fab!

~Nancy~ said...

Happy new year sweetie!! Looks like you guys had an amazing time!!! And love your new projcts as well.. Im sooooo in the Valentine mood!!!!! Makes me wanna start creating right NOW! XOXO

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Okay...first off, I'm in love with your mom's house! ;) Totally gorgeous, Wow!!! And secondly, how fun are those pics of your little ones! I can't wait till the end of the month when we'll be in New York for lot's of snow too....hopefully! Take care!

Danielle Flanders said...

Beautiful photos, Roree and I just adore this card too! I was wondering when you'd be creating again! (just a little bit addicted to seeing your stuff! LOL)
Dani

Lea L. said...

What adorable projects Roree!! Just love them! Have a great day!

~Lea

Babydoll said...

Great card!! I love all the buttons!

Molly said...

You are from PA??? No way! So am I! I am from South Central PA. I miss it so much right now (I know I know, very weird!)!!!